Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Herbal Salvation - Green Malay (Kratom)

So what the hell is this stuff? I didn't have any idea and still don't at the moment really. This afternoon my dad hands me this packet and says have you seen this before look it up(google) and take some. So me being semi irritated about being nagged to do something in the middle of watching a supernatural episode take my time before looking it up(my laptop is sitting next to me on the couch).



I then decided to look at the back of the packet and see in a bigger print "pure kratom leaf powder all natural & organic. 50 states legal" and now i am thinking like ughhh is this some kind of stupid natural energy supplement thing.


so i bring up google on my laptop and search "herbal salvation green malay kratom" because my dad wants to know what it is(i am still wondering if he knew beforehand) and i click the first link that seems relevant. and it gives me some boring history about kratom about it being tropical tree leaves from some places in southeast asia. i then keep skimming the page and its about how its used today as a powder, crushed leaves, capsules and mixing it with your favorite drinks.

i continue to skim the page and all the sudden i read this sentence and i am like wait a second, rewind, what?! okay it was something like "effects of kratom are an opiate like pain relieving effect, stimulant effect giving you energy and light euphoria" so im now thinking, wait are we still talking about these pill things i am currently holding. i read this aloud to my dad and he just starts laughing and tells me again to take some. so i ask him where did you get this? he told me they gave them to him at work(he works at a tobacco outlet store).



okay so my interest is completely absorbed by this now, i really want to know what the hell this stuff is. after looking it up for awhile i deducted that this is the lowest "dosage" of this particular kind(being 10 pcs). also that the other kratom pills called "maeng da" from this brand "herbal salvation" is apparently the preferred/better one. beyond that i have searched and came up with practically nothing. except some random things from some junkie forum but they were talking about the powder or leaves in tea and irrelevant things.

honestly i am skeptical about these pill things. i feel like they are most likely a bunch of random completely harmless herbs put into a pill capsule and then sold to make money....aka a scam.

so i have therefore decided i should do the sensible thing and take them myself. i will be the judge of this....

when i find out what i think of these(meaning after i take them) and come to a conclusion about them(not expecting much or anything really). i will either make a new post or just edit this one and make it longer.


EDIT: so its days later, but basically it was all i expected from it really. all i noticed was that it made my stomach hurt badly. not into it.
(how many times, did i write "it" there jeez!)